Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence from Feeling Bad!

I know, I know, that's cheesy. Here's the deal. Still no working webcam, so I'm just going to start blogging here without videos. The fabulous Bunny Berry is starting a new 100 day raw food challenge on August 1. I am going to do it too! You in virtual-land will help me keep accountable. (Even though there are only a couple people reading, it will help me!)

Tomorrow, I'm starting to transition, because I know that if I jump in to 100% raw, I'll do it for one day, freak out, cry and eat a plate of nachos. No, I am not kidding.

Luckily, the internet can be a great source of free info if you dig around a little. Karen Knowler, http://www.therawfoodcoach.com/, has some nice free things on her website. I downloaded and printed out a transitional planner to help people ease into raw. So I am sticking my toe in the ocean people! I hope it's ok with Ms. Knowler if I talk about her planner here. If it isn't, I will remove it of course. I will be modifying things, because our work weeks are very busy here for me and Mister Monster and there is no way that we are making complicated meals each night! (We are also on a super limited income right now.)

Here is the meal plan I am making for tomorrow.

Let's see, raw muesli is on the menu for tomorrow. Using the magic powers of google, I found a recipe, but I have tinkered with it to get this:

Jenni's Monster Muesli
1 apple, chopped
1 TBSP raw sliced almonds
1 TBSP raw cashews
2 TBSP raisins
1 cup of strawberries (defrosted from frozen)
1/2 frozen banana, blended in the magic bullet with a splash of soymilk to make a thicker soymilk conoction.

I will pour the banana soymilk over everything else. I'll let you know how it goes!

Lunch is going to be pasta salad, with whole wheat pasta, "raw ranch dressing", not my own recipe, and lots of chopped up veggies.

Dinner is going to be cooked veggie soup with sprouted bread and salad. I'm going to make the Tortilla Soup from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook.

Have a healthy day, and I'll see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I wish you all the best as you start on this journey. It is a journey not a sprint. You will have ups and downs, great days and frustrating days. But just keep on keepin' on and you will be blessed. As you know there is so much info out there and lots of new people going raw, it helps SO much. YOU are not alone.

Peace,

Viv

Jenni Morrison said...

Thanks Viv, I appreciate your comment! I'm having a good experience so far, I'm setting 50% or more raw foods for my goal for the first 100 days!

Have a great day!
Jenni