Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Round Up



I had a bad weigh-in last week, I was up four pounds, which is about all I had lost in the last three weeks. I was frustrated, but determined not to give up, like I had before. I talked to my awesome leader about the filling foods technique. Because really I can eat a lot of bad stuff and still be within my 42 daily points. He thought it was a good idea and suggested that I try it for a week.

So I was still thinking about that. Then yesterday I went to the ob/gyn, new doctor. We are trying to conceive, the previous doctor just wanted to give me prescriptions and sent me away. I am 41, and don't have any time to waste at all. New doctor was good but frank. She advised me that (TMI ALERT!) my cycles are irregular because of my size, and she would not recommend I conceive before getting to a BMI of about 40. But, she also examined me and we talked about a lot of questions I had, so I like her.

Then I got back into the car with hubby and melted down. Just sobbed. Very dramatic.

The upside is that we went home, looked at all my materials, and we are doing the Simply Filling plan together. I am hoping like crazy that I will lose the weight in time to get pregnant, but if I don't, I'll be healthier and will be around longer for my hubby.

And I like the SFT plan a lot so far. It makes me eat lots of fruit and veggies. And I can't spend 25 points on chinese food two days before weigh in.

It is Sunday now, and I've been eating this way since Monday evening. I am really looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow.

Here are some lunch photos of the turkey taco salad we had for lunch.

No comments: