Sunday, February 8, 2009

5 Year Musings

Five years ago, I didn't have anyone to love romantically in my life. At 34 years old, I wasn't looking for a life-partner. I'd dated for many years, and never enjoyed it the way some people did.

Five years ago, I went on a first date with a charming teacher/writer/poet that I met online. We met in front of the Women's Building in San Francisco's Mission District. "Maybe Logic" the Robert Anton Wilson film, was showing as part of a film festival. Afterwards we had burritos at a taqueria and talked for hours. We have not been apart much since. Within weeks, I knew he was not the usual person that I met.

Two years ago, we got married on Halloween in Las Vegas, and that is a special anniversary of course.

But tonight is our date-a-versary, and I feel very lucky every day to have found the love of my life.

No comments: